All part were printed with PLA (I will repeat the same once I get my ABS)
All Dimensions are in mm. (0.1 mm = 0.004 inch) (1mm =0.04 inch)
Parts were measured as they come of the printer.
No cleanup done on the parts.
If there was a little bump on the corner or so, I ignored that for the measurements
See summary at the bottom.
Picture of printed test parts:
Some of the walls did not close on top. I have seen that on some other parts too.
Download excel file: Excel file with measurements
Holes printed with part laying flat, gives best holes size results.
Summary for PLA prints:
Overall the dimensions are very close to the designed dimension and are repeatable. - Quite nice for a plastic printed part.
- The minimum wall thickness it prints seems to be 1mm. (I think that is a double pass. Would be nice if it would let you do single pass for even thinner features).
- 1mm small hole did not print in the vertical direction, but somewhat on the part in the horizontal position.
- 1mm small cylinder did not print. Seems to be too small.
- Holes print a tad smaller. (Better smaller than larger so you can drill out to exact dimension for critial fit).
- Horizontal holes print slighly oval.
These are all small dimension parts, I will follow up with a larger part dimension accuracy post.